Sunday, August 4, 2013

GIVEN RANK ... AUG 4TH, 2013



GIVEN RANK... AUG 4TH, 2013
BY
He was definately one of my friends until they gave him rank,
Then suddenly he became a dictator to be quite frank,
In retrospect it’s hard to believe but that’s how it was,
And an old great comradeship turned into something like Jaws.





Many of the great guys I worked with long ago are now dead,
Though many are still alive in photographs and inside my head,
As likely as not, you don’t know me and we never met,
That’s life as it passes by and this is what you too could get.





I didn’t realize back then how soon those great guys would be dead,
And we are only here for a while and can’t choose another life instead,
We have no death-with-dignity and we can’t arrange when to go,
Lots of funerals nowadays for every old John Doe.

AUG 4TH, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment