Friday, February 13, 2015

THE ELANE PLAZA FEB 13TH, 2015





THE ELANE  PLAZA     FEB 13TH, 2015

BY

JAMES BREDIN

The Elane Plaza was a great place but that was before your time,
Shops and theatres and pool hall, lined up in a big long line,
People coming and going to and from the high-up bingo hall,
But someone decided to knock it all down and that was all.

They stole a piece of my heart when they ripped the place down,
The memories, the people, the place gone forever and not a sound,
It was the heart of Scarborough back then for those of us who knew,
Mostly gone or dead now and I can't find even a few.

I suppose that's life and we are all just passing through,
And I can't go back to then -- it's completely gone and nothing new,
Replaced by big brown packed houses though they do look nice,
Even the parking lot is gone now -- no snow, no ice.



FEB 13TH, 2015

6 comments:

  1. Used to live just behind the plaza in Trudelle Court in the 1960's. We used to hang out at the plaza daily and remember some good times there. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents owned the convenience store between the butcher shop and billiards up until it was to be demolished. It was my childhood as me and my little brother would spend most of our time there. Like the previous post, thank you for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived on Trudelle as well in the 70's and hung out at the Elane Plaza. I remember the fish and chip shop that was there. Back then we rarely ordered take out food so that was always a treat. When I was young I bought my xmas gifts at the convenience store or Sayvettes. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Frank's fish and chips store! I also grew up on Trudelle in the 70's! Remember the Elane theatre?

    ReplyDelete